What We Do
Prosperity Works is an intermediary organization that partners with local organizations around New Mexico. We teach them how to develop and offer effective IDA programs (What’s an IDA?), and other strategies to help hard-working families move into the middle class.
Specifically, we help:
- Train organizations to develop effective IDA programs to local community residents
- Raise and provide the money needed to match the savings of each IDA participant (account holder)
- Advocate for policies in New Mexico that support savings among moderate-income households
- Advocate with local banks and credit unions to allow local residents to open their IDA account through their local bank
- Provide financial literacy coaching to local residents participating in an IDA program, and trains staff of local organizations in coaching techniques
- Conduct research and evaluation to assess impact and return on investment of IDAs in New Mexico.